News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  

Soldier of the Quarter - Q12020

spacer.pngThomas_Miller.thumb.png.f5f3355df7f3073cb58abf81ec6d993d.png

Quarter One - March, 2020

Corporal Thomas Miller

Corporal Thomas Miller joined the 101st Airborne Division Realism Unit on August 2nd, 2020 where he was first assigned as a Rifleman in First Squad, First Platoon, How Company quickly upon graduation of his Initial Training Courses. Since then, Corporal Thomas Miller has accelerated his growth in Staff Shops and in Combat Positions by taking up vital parts of the unit: such as Imagery, Uniforms and Infantry Leadership.

Throughout his time here he has shown a very strong passion for the community through vigor and dedication to his craft. He shows these while leading a team to setting the example in S-4 Staff. Having earned himself multiple Army Commendation Medal with Valor in combat, having graduated skilled schools in Leadership: as well as assisting in training for his Staff Shop, and improving the quality of our propaganda tenfold. In view of these qualities, his demonstrated leadership potential, and dedicated service, Corporal Thomas Miller has been award the Soldiers Medal and selected as this Soldier of the Quarter. 

Why did you join the 101st Airborne Division?
Due to the excess amount of time I had to spare, and a friend of mine: James Randazzo was in the unit.

Any favorite/funny/memorable moment throughout our whole time in the unit?
The time when the unit was still growing to what it is today. I was situated on a Church Tower with a German Sniper Rifle, BAR, Garand and an MG. I switched between guns to take out targets from different ranges; my whole squad was dead and was en-route after a re-spawn and I managed to hold it for seven straight minutes. Under heavy suppression, I managed to live and survive the operation without injury. My actions on that day kept us from losing our objective which would have caused a major issue in the mission.

Any advice to give to your fellow Paratroopers?
Never get too comfortable with something in life. Always be on the move and explore new things.

What value is the most important to you and why?
Respect, even if your men no longer respect you. No matter how hard you hide that fact from yourself you are no longer a leader.

What motivates you? 
Just knowing what I do my part to bring entertainment and enjoyment to our unit members.

Any valuable lessons you have learned while being in the unit?
Sometimes you need to pick and choose what you are going to fight. Not everything is worth fighting for. Sometimes you need to take a step back and re-assess yourself and accept failure.