News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events

WW2 Timeline Extension

How would you propose we extend the lifeline of World War 2?

At the rate the unit is going, we are going to run through the timeline of the 101st Airborne throughout World War 2; in fact we are coming up on the end of the timeline.
Some people have suggested an alternative timeline. Maybe the US never dropped the atomic bombs on Japan. Maybe the United States invades Russia. These are all some possible ideas, and I along with the NCO's and S-2 staff in the unit want to hear everyone's opinions and ideas related to Operations. Maybe some of you don't want to stay as WW2 and make the move to post-WW2 into the Cold War. This is a thread creation to keep a place for people to list their ideas and opinions as I stated previously. 

Could do with a land invasion of Japan, with the surrender of Germany, the 101st may have been reassigned and based at Iwo Jima.

Cold War gone hot immediately after the war is also a good option, but that extends history a few years past WW2 equipment.

Perhaps instead, Germany deposes Hitler in a deal with Russia, then the two of them assault the Allies? Could do some interesting stuff in Italy and France, maybe even more Nordic maps could come into play. German morale would be low, along with equipment, so primary enemy would be the Soviets.

Another idea is that Germany actually fought through the winter to the Urals and the Soviets lost, turning the focus of a now self-sufficient Germany on the allies. This could lead to drops into the Balkans and the Georgians with some clever planning (probably using Italy > Greece > Sevastapol or some other assault plan similar to that) A cool mission for this timeline would be to take out the oil fields in occupied Russian territory to once again deplete Germanys oil reserves.

Thats about all the things that come off the top of my head though, if I think of anything else I'll either post it here or talk to you directly.

I completely agree, there are a lot of places this unit can be taken, and it all depends on what people want. Remember, we're here to entertain as much as we are to have an organized group. Your opinion matters, your ideas will fuel this units growth. Operation Downfall? Why not! A lot of unit's have done it before, but have they done it the *right* way? Or done it the way we do it?

We have a ton of options to choose from to keep this going, and maybe even extend into different branches. We may be the 101st Airborne Division, but that doesn't mean we can't do a deployment as a Marine Raider Battalion, or even the Canadian-American special forces. There's a lot to choose from and we can run with it, or we can just try it and say it's not for us. There are a lot of people with high creative potential and passion for mission making here, they just need the right ideas.

Guest T/5. M. Marsh

For me WW2 is the real deal when it comes to arma 3, so anything in that era would be enojoyable for me.

Guest T/5. M. Marsh
2 hours ago, T/Sgt. C. Henderson said:

why not anything outside of it?

It’s not that I don’t want to do other stuff besides ww2, I completely agree we could have different eras on side ops but I’d like to still be playing ww2 as the main focus 

There is a battle of Berlin map how about we do a mission During night time where we jump into Berlin to secure it from behind enemy lines and sabotage the Germans as much as possible to allow the Americans to gain a swift victory. The reason why the Russians have not captured Berlin is due to the failure of planning delaying them from reaching Berlin. Basically Americans winning the race to Berlin. 

22 minutes ago, Pfc. T. Miller said:

There is a battle of Berlin map how about we do a mission During night time where we jump into Berlin to secure it from behind enemy lines and sabotage the Germans as much as possible to allow the Americans to gain a swift victory. The reason why the Russians have not captured Berlin is due to the failure of planning delaying them from reaching Berlin. Basically Americans winning the race to Berlin. 

That map is quite laggy, it could overload the server and a few peoples PCs purely because of how it's set up.