News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  

Soldier of the Quarter, Q12024

T_Kazansky.jpg.b4945c42c5d6ac27303531d42dd94e81.jpg

Quarter One - January, 2023

Sergeant Tom Kazansky

Sergeant Tom Kazansky joined the 101st Airborne Division Realism Unit on January 5th, 2021 where he was first assigned as a Rifleman in Second Squad, First Platoon. Since then, Sergeant Kazansky has made his expedient growth through active participation and involvement in our community: developing camaraderie with his peers and providing a helping hand anywhere he can.

From the beginning, Sergeant Tom Kazansky made an impactful, positive impression on everyone in the unit. He has demonstrated a capacity for leadership, and through his management of the Second Squad as its Assistant Squad Leader Throughout his time here, he has changed the way that we look at recruiting and leadership. As one of the backbones of our leadership and recruiters, he's given us fresh ideas and provided us with a reliable and competent base for Second Squad. Providing positivity, laughter, and always exceeding expectations, wherever he may step: here's to you Sergeant Kazansky.

Why did you join the 101st Airborne Division?

Huge WW2 fan so I'm always looking for them. My last unit was also realism and I've tried milsim a lot too so this looked like the spot. P. Hernandez, whop I was in another 101st Unit before invited me. Been here ever since..

Any favorite/funny/memorable moment throughout our whole time in the unit?

Already said this, but spaguet.101 is too funny. Oh and Banzai Charges in Corregidor, not gonna say anything else. 

Any advice to give to your fellow Paratroopers?

Be persistent in what you do. Everything takes time, so trust the process. 

What value is the most important to you and why?

Perseverance and being resolute. In this unit we appreciate that and it's how I've come this far. Not giving up and die trying is what I do best.

What motivates you? 

Thinking that every time I play in this unit is going to be something different and that I'm someone who can make a difference.

What would you say about the progress of the unit, and how you've contributed to it?

It's a joy to watch how we've grown since I joined. We've had good and bad times but I've always done my best with my staff roles in S-1 and S-4, plus what little I can contribute to S-3. Everyday I hope to get new guys recruited that can experience what we give, and well I have some extra time to take care of PERSCOM most days. I try and help Carnegie and Henderson down at S-3 as much as I can because they really need a hand.

Any valuable lessons you have learned while being in the unit?

To be humble and think of others. We're all trying to have fun here and one wrong step can end that in a second.

Sign in to follow this