News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  

Soldier of the Quarter, Q22023

M_Hardy.jpg.96c9738dcb6dd16f236c998eb59111b7.thumb.jpg.d95b06f58ce78e7d13090c4a22e73ef8.jpg

Quarter Two - March, 2023

Technician Fourth Grade Matt Hardy

Technician Fourth Grade Matt Hardy joined the 101st Airborne Division Realism Unit on March 30th, 2022 where he was first assigned as a Rifleman in First Squad, First Platoon. Since then, Technician Fourth Grade Matt Hardy has made his expedient growth through active participation and involvement in our community: learning the ins and outs of ArmA III and becoming an example to strive to be in his first ArmA Unit.

From the beginning, Technician Fourth Grade Matt Hardy made an impactful, positive impression on everyone in the unit. He has demonstrated a love for the history of the 101st Airborne Division, and an appreciation for what our community does. He has had one of the highest attendance rates of any member within the 101st Airborne Division, and buying ArmA just to partake in this unit - his skill and fortitude has grown exponentially. His dedication to staff shops, personally hauling the entirety of S-4 PERSCOM Maintenance has not gone unnoticed. Hardy has stood as an exemplary member of the 101st Airborne Division

Why did you join the 101st Airborne Division?

I'm a huge WW2 fan and since as a kid I always played related games, such as Medal of Honor and old CODs. After I finished watching Band of Brothers for the 3rd time I decided it was time for me to start playing a military game, that's when I found the unit and wanted to join without even owning Arma.

Any favorite/funny/memorable moment throughout our whole time in the unit?

Every operation and training is a new opportunity to make memorable and funny moments. A favorite moment would be taking part on the joint Operation Varsity, which had ~110 players.

Any advice to give to your fellow Paratroopers?

Always try to show up and be immersive. Be consistent in whatever you do, because practice leads to perfection.

What value is the most important to you and why?

Respect, Loyalty. A good environment can only be created if there's mutual respect, you may not like that man, but you gotta respect him.  - "We salute the rank, not the man." - Maj. D. Winters.

What motivates you? 

See the unit grow and have fun during operations. It feels good to be a paratrooper and recreate what real brave men did and been through in the 1940s to help free the world.

What would you say about the progress of the unit, and how you've contributed to it?

As a S-4 Staff I always try to make paperwork done and organized, and help S-1 as much as I can with advertisement. 

Any valuable lessons you have learned while being in the unit?

Be humble and accept that fact you don't know everything.

Sign in to follow this