News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  

Soldier of the Quarter, Q42023

1962694461_LauriTorni.png.3b64e4d596ecff488f4cbf78551df73a.png

Quarter Four - September, 2023

Private First Class Lauri Torni

Private First Class Lauri Torni joined the 101st Airborne Division Realism Unit on December 13th, 2021 where he was first assigned as a Rifleman in First Squad, First Platoon. Since then, Private First Class Lauri Torni has made his expedient growth through active participation and involvement in our community: learning the ins and outs of ArmA III and becoming an example within the community!

From the beginning, Private First Class Lauri Torni made an impact on the morale of others - providing help to new joiners, engaging in staff shops such as Recruitment and Training, to Uniform Production for various sub-units within the 101st. Private First Class Lauri Torni is a critical member of the 101st Airborne Division, and should be an example for all enlisted and officers within the division.

Why did you join the 101st Airborne Division?

I originally joined the unit because I wanted a serious and down to earth WW2 group, after my abrupt exit I came to realize that I was missing a community and a sense of place in my gaming which this unit brought to me so I made a return and it has been one of if not the best decision I've made in my Arma career.

Any favorite/funny/memorable moment throughout our whole time in the unit?

I'd have to say that the first battle of the bulge will have a special place in my heart weaving through the trees helping out fallen comrades and bringing them back to the fight.

Any advice to give to your fellow Paratroopers?

I'd say a quote from a TV show I love fits it perfectly "why half ass 2 things when you can whole ass one thing" what I mean is if it's something you wanna do commit burn the preverbal boat and go get it.

What value is the most important to you and why?

Trust, to be honest it's one of the highest if not the most, it helps not only you but everyone else around you form tight bonds with one enother and I know its a game and non of us really knows eachother personally but I believe trust helps fill that void in making us all friends.

What motivates you? 

Waking up every day with a goal or project in mind, and not beating myself up for it if I don't make the progress that I want. Every day is progress, no matter how small.

What would you say about the progress of the unit, and how you've contributed to it?

I'd say no matter how the time goes this unit will remain a group of like minded friends and teammates, I remember when we were just 2 fledgling rifle teams and know we are almost a whole platoon. I don't like taking personal ownership of any kind of growth as that is 100% a team effort and all I can says is good job keep up the good work everyone!

Any valuable lessons you have learned while being in the unit?

I'd say the biggest one is always give people a chance even if you might not think it's productive everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt regardless of how you feel about them.

J_Archer.jpg

Sign in to follow this