News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events

Good Conduct Helmets - Show off your time in service!

After recently looking over some of my older files in which I created custom emblems for a regiment we role-played as prior to the 101st Airborne, I have found that it is quite easy to make custom helmets. Although not as prevalent in World War II, there are a few examples of custom scratch marks, chalk inscriptions, and sometimes sketches of imagery on M1/M2 helmets. Although scrim might get in the way of some of them, I can have regular net and keep it strictly for those who have earned the Good Conduct Award (Series II - 6 Months with no disciplinary action.) I feel some people here would love to have something personalized for them, and to show off their hard work and dedication to the community - and something that you can see in-game to strive for in the future. I'd like to hear what you all have to think about it, whether it be stipulations with historical context/realism, changes to requirements overall or other ideas such as the M1 Helmet that we can extrapolate and use for our own purposes in the unit. Below i've listed some basic requirements I thought is fair, to keep work load down and to make the helmets special.

Suggested Requirements - Subject to Change

• Must have Good Conduct Award - Series II (6 Months No Disciplinary Infraction - Denoted by Clasp).
  • No obscene or non-historical imagery/text.
  • No imagery that obstructs view of regimental or billet stripes (NCO/Officer strips).
  • No enlisted ranks, but officer ranks may be included on the front of the M2 helmet
  • Medical insignias must not be obstructed.

As I said prior it's subject to change, but I want to hear what you all think of this. It's a little extra work for Combat Imagery & Technical Engineers, but it means more points for them, and more cool things to look forward to for you guys. Let me know in the comments below!

CONCEPT:

c018e16899297d7d726e89dcfd32e5d6-png.jpg

WLHjyh3.jpeg

22551c6a670583b758c1ccf9850561a5-png.jpg

Guest FO. L. Torni

I believe you should get 1 image or line of text for each good conduct medal received that way it puts more incentive to remain in good character.

Guest N. Rode

six months is a long time for something like this. People will just nag nag nag about something as small as a drawing on their helmet. 

47 minutes ago, T/5. N. Rode said:

six months is a long time for something like this. People will just nag nag nag about something as small as a drawing on their helmet. 

This is true, Tornis alternative is a lot more feasible but requires more work and management.