News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  

Soldier of the Quarter - Q42021

Jacob_Briel.png.9d7aad9aee2e85bb766ea2f36b3ae3a5.png

Quarter Four - December, 2021

Sergeant Jacob Briel

Sergeant Jacob Briel joined the 101st Airborne Division Realism Unit on December 20th, 2020 - where he was first assigned as a Machine Gunner in First Squad, First Platoon. Since then, Sergeant Briel has developed himself and others around him through his gregarious manner, positive attitude and leading from the front.

From the beginning, Sergeant Jacob Briel has been impactful on our community. He showed leadership potential from the start, and has continously lived up and gone beyond the standard the 101st Airborne Division holds. His second assignment as Assistant Squad Leader - only a month after his initial enlistment, was a foreshadowing for his involvement to come. His willingness to help others, capability to show compassion and be critical is an important part of being a leader. His assistance in the Operations & Intelligence department has allowed for the growth of knowledge within our Operational staff, and combined with his willingness to learn mission-making, has led to some great operations. He stands above as one of the top contributors to this unit. Thank you for your dedication to our community Sergeant Briel, we are lucky to have you.

Why did you join the 101st Airborne Division?

joined the 101st because I’ve always enjoyed WW2 regardless of theater. It’s just great that we do more than airborne jumps and switch it up. Not many other units will do that.

Any favorite/funny/memorable moment throughout our whole time in the unit?

My favorite memories are when I joined a year ago, hearing Carnegies warm meal joke, watching B. Ryan get smacked by MG fire as he jumped, or point blank firing a Tiger with a Bazooka or trying to gain access to one while on top of it. Overall too many to say. 

Any advice to give to your fellow Paratroopers?

Advice is Just have fun and take it seriously. We’re not like most units since we blend fun and mil-sim. While not being too demanding on other requirements. When you take it seriously and get better, many roles open up to you.

What motivates you? 

What motivates me is just coming into the server whether we’re playing arma or any other game and just having fun and knowing when to be serious.

What would you say about the progress of the unit, and how you've contributed to it?

The progress of the unit, it’s come a long way from when I started. From barely a squad to sometimes over 30 players in a op. Having mortar section to glider artillery. It’s been a wild ride. I’ve helped by being a in S2 and S3 to giving historical evidence or specs for the things we use.

Any valuable lessons you have learned while being in the unit?

Honestly just patience and trying to have a relationship with everyone who shows up in TS.