News Ticker
  • Are you looking to join the best in the army? Fill out an application and enlist with the airborne.
  • We're celebrating one year of service, thank you to all that contributed to this awesome unit!
  • For returning unit members, make sure to stay updated on current unit events
Sign in to follow this  
Ret. J. Randazzo

My Retirement

Hello,

Some of you I have know for some time, so of you I unfortunately have not yet had the please of meeting. If you are an active member within the unit, you may have noticed my absence from the unit for some time. This is meant to quell some rumors and explain some things; I owe you all that. Henderson asked me to put some words down on why I was leaving to give to you all, and to avoid any awkwardness on his part, I just decided to write this myself; from the horses mouth, so to speak.

I am a private person, and I do my best to avoid speaking about what goes on in my life. On December 7th, my father was admitted to the hospital due to a cerebral aneurism bursting within his head. That day my family was informed that, if my father was to ever wake up, he would have no quality of life. So my family sticking with my fathers wishes donated his organs on December 11th early in the morning. Between dealing with life insurance, pensions, family, and trying to start my own life, and now talking about moving states, I can no longer dedicate to the unit what is required, and in an effort to uphold the values of the unit, I am retiring. I wouldn't even be able to commit to the reserve requirements for the time being, so that is how I reached my decision. I have every intention of returning to the unit (In fact Henderson made my promise to come back if I get the time) so that is what I will do. 

Enough about me. Keep at it gentleman, this unit has come so far since its founding, and I really am happy to have been apart of it. And I am honestly proud of all of you guys. I will stop in from time to time, because you are all my friends. 

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Good Luck,
James  "Big Italian"  Randazzo

Edited by T/Sgt. J. Randazzo

Thank you for all of your time here James, you have been a great friend to myself, and to everyone around. I have enjoyed every second we have spent together in operations, and cannot think of a better leader to have at my side in-game. I enjoyed your cool-headed decision making, humor, and gregarious nature. It has been a wild ride, I hope to see you back and hooked into the static line soon.

AIRBORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember my first ever conversation 3 and half years back. I was a new corpsman in your unit and when we assaulted the final objective I said to you that I lost 5 lollipops on the field due to me being to heavy. You ordered me to go back and retrieve the lollipops. You have been a great friend and mentor that I have had the privilege to develop alongside. I don’t know where I would be if it was not for you and your units you invited me to. Hopefully we can once again do ops together. Till then enjoy your retirement boomer. 

2/2, I hope you do well in your future away from this unit. I am really sorry for your loss and I can not imagine what you are going through. I hope you great success for the future and leave you with a part of my favourite poem, “Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years Finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." 

Invictus 

Edited by Sgt. T. Miller

See ya buddy. Sorry for your loss. Life really does twist things up. Id like to write a whole big speech to you but keeping it simple feels more natural to give to a man of legend. We will see ya in the great blue of the sky where our perfectly good planes drop us onto the enemy. Have a good one and I hope to see ya again. I leave you with a fun Fact

Fun Fact: We will miss ya

-Styer

Truly sorry for your loss man. I know you'll pull through as the strong chad you are. You will always be a legend here and an example for all NCOs including me. You will be missed but I know we'll drop behind enemy lines once again in the future. This one is for you.